Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My.Favorite.Looks.For.Spring.2011: Menswear

My previous posts were about the hot trends and items for us guys come Spring 2011 time. However, while going through the hundreds (literally!) of catwalk pictures out there, I put aside images of complete and total looks that caught my eyes. I decided to share with you guys my favorite looks from Spring 2011. Total looks that I would wear in my daily life and that I would love to purchase or own. Some sort of lookbook of things I want this coming season (or inspiration for when I go shopping). Enjoy!

Ill start with my favorite collection of the season. I was torn between two great collections in my opinion,
so I declared a tie between the two. My favorites are: Bottega.Veneta.&.Gucci

Every look of each of these collections made me wish, swoon and want every item. Lets see why.

-Bottega.Veneta

(Bottega.Veneta.Menswear.Spring.2011)

I'm already a huge fan of Thomas Maier's design for Bottega Veneta. And Spring 2011 just re-affirmed why. He has this amazing way to make everything ultra-casual, yet always beautiful. Loved the rich colors he used (dark blues, maroon reds, military greens, sand). The great crinkled and cool details on his tops were wonderful & the model casting was right on point. I also loved the whole urban military feel to the looks. And, finally, Bottega Veneta is known for their amazing accessories; I especially loved the modern urban-like feel to the bags. Love!


-Gucci

(Gucci.Menswear.Spring.2011)

Gucci's Frida Giannini has always had that extra p
ressure of filling huge shoes at Gucci (remember Tom Ford?) and I find that season by season, she is getting more and more in control of her task and doing a great job. I loved the whole collection. And it is rare I love everything Gucci does, even when Tom Ford was at the reign. I found that the suits were sharp, the skinny white pants cool, the knitted sweaters beautiful, the styling great, the leather jackets wonderful (loved the rich colors), the shoes swoon-worthy and the bags, oh the bags...one word...AWESOME!

***Worthy Mentions:
Ermenegildo.Zegna.&.Burberry.Prorsum

-Ermenegildo.Zegna

(Ermenegildo.Zegna.Menswear.Spring.2011)

Known for its exquisite tailoring, this Zegna collection left me in awe for its lovely casual wear with the gorgeous knitwear, loose, yet fitted, trousers, striking
belts and other pretty accessories. And, as usual, great suits divinely paired with checkered shirts and one-colored ties. Simply beautiful.

-Burberry.Prorsum


(Burberry.Prorsum.Menswear.Spring.2011)

Burberry Prorsum's Christopher Bailey is another designer I admire for his always commercial, yet ultra forward collections. This Spring 2011, Burberry Prorsum did not disappoint
again with dazzling leather trenches, biker jackets and super hot styling. Hot items like his rock&roll leather pants, marvelous sandals and attractive rain boots will surely be huge hits. Edgy-street fashion done right.

See below further looks I loved for Spring.2011 by other designers.


Lookbook.1

(Menswear.Spring.2011)

Lookbook.2

(Menswear.Spring.2011)

These are a small glimpse of what I like. As you can see, I am pretty eclectic in my taste. I don't believe in liking one particular look nor sticking to one specific style.

What do you guys like for Spring.2011? Please share your thoughts on any of the above or share your own likes & dislikes.

'till next time!

-The.Shoe.Freak
(source: style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment