Friday, February 11, 2011

Montreal.Fashion.Week.Fall.Winter.2011: Day.4

The final day of Montreal fashion week (day 4) ended with a bang as Montreal fashion heavy hitters like Denis Gagnon, Marie Saint Pierre and BarilĂ  were taking center stage on the most prestigious night of the week. Exciting news for the fashion scene as there was such an exuberant feeling of anticipation and excitement in the air. Everyone was on their best outfits and looks of the week and everyone wanted to be seen & heard. People were scrambling to get the last few tickets available including me, however I gave up after a while but I met incredible people who got me tickets for the last few shows. I would like to thank them for their help (they know who they are).

And the buzz was justified. Great talents showcasing their looks, some really good collections and some really good pieces from the last day of Montreal's fashion week.

This whole week, my first experience as a fashion blogger, made me realize that its a lot of work, and you must be patient and be prepared to stay on your two feet for long periods of time. And you cannot be claustrophobic as at times, there was a sea of people all at once trying to get into shows, waiting in line or just having some good old drinks while chatting it up. The whole social aspect of the event is fun but can get tiring and its important to realize that at the end of the day, you are there to do a job, which is to attend, see and report on the great and not so great fashion that is presented to us while staying true to your own self, opinions, thoughts and likes or dislikes.

I attended 4 shows: Denis Gagnon, by Thomas-Samuel Mercure-Chrisitan L'enfant Roi presented by Trusst, BarilĂ  and Marie Saint Pierre.

No pictures this time as I forgot my camera home. But as mentioned before, I will post a recap of Montreal Fashion week's best shows according to me. So stay tuned!

-The.Shoe.Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment