Monday, July 18, 2011

Fashion.Cities: London

Last Month, I traveled to London for business. It was the first time I got to travel to this amazing city. As a fashion lover, I was extremely excited to visit this great fashionable and trendsetting city, especially since London is known as one of the avant-garde capital fashion and design cities of the world. In my mind, I had many Posts already written for my blog, as well as many ideas and things I wanted to discover and take pictures of. However, since my visit was very short, and concentrated on the work I had to do there, I wasn't able to fully grasp everything I thought of for my blog, nor take any pictures. Therefore, I thought I would present a few London and/or UK-based designers/brands to you guys instead. I am sure you know many of them already, but it is important to showcase their impressive contribution to fashion.

Here are My.Top.10.British.Designers.or.Brands:

1-Alexander McQueen (Creative.Director: Sarah.Burton)


2-John Galliano


3-Burberry Prorsum (Creative.Director: Christoper.Bailey)


4-Stella McCartney


5-Phoebe Philo (Creative.Director.at.the.French.House.Celine)


6-Vivienne Westwood


7-Gareth Pugh


8-Mulberry (Creative.Director: Emma.Hill)


9-Christopher Kane


10-Marchesa (Creative.Directors: Karen.Craig.&.Georgina.Cha
pman)


***Notable.Mentions:

11-Jenny Packham


12-Jonathan Saunders


13-Paul Smith


14-Nicholas Kirkwood


15-Charlotte Olympia


16-Julien MacDonald


17-Giles Deacon


18-Matthew Williamson


19-Thom Browne


20-Temperley London


And the list goes on and on as many more designers are making waves on the international scene. As you can see, London has a great pool of amazingly talented designers and established brands and fashion houses that compete in the luxury brand category in fashion. The aesthetic of London fashion is a mix of British bourgeoisie mixed with vintage inspiration and eclectic punk rebellion and avant-garde fashion. What a mix, but that is London for you, a beautiful and intriguing melange that is not seen anywhere else! I can't wait to go back already!

What are your favorites London-based (or UK-based) designers?

-The.Shoe.Freak
(source: style.com/elle.com/nicholaskirkwood.com/charlotteolympia.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment